Eat More Plant-based Foods for Better Heart Health
Eating mostly plant-based foods and fewer animal-based foods is linked to better heart health and a lower risk of dying from cardiovascular disease, according to new research published in the Journal of the American Heart Association.
The researchers found that people who ate the most plant-based foods overall had a:
* 16% lower risk of having a cardiovascular disease, such as heart attack, stroke, and heart failure;
* 32% lower risk of dying from a cardiovascular disease; and
* 25% lower risk of dying from any cause, compared to those who ate the least amount of plant-based foods.
Plant‐based diets are dietary patterns that emphasize higher intakes of plant foods and are low in animal foods. Vegetarian diets, a type of plant‐based diet, with a focus on restriction of different types of animal foods (meat, poultry, or fish), have been associated with a lower risk of cardiovascular risk factors, such as obesity, hypertension, type 2 diabetes mellitus, and ischemic heart disease.
What Is New?
1. Plant‐based diets, diets that emphasize higher intakes of plant foods and lower intakes of animal foods, are associated with a lower risk of incident cardiovascular disease, cardiovascular disease mortality, and all‐cause mortality in a general US adult population.
2. Healthful plant‐based diets, diets higher in nutrient‐dense plant foods and lower in refined carbohydrates and animal foods, are associated with a lower risk of cardiovascular disease mortality and all‐cause mortality, but not incident cardiovascular disease.
Journal of the American Heart Association https://www.ahajournals.org/
The American Heart Association – https://www.heart.org/en/about-us
For nearly 100 years, we’ve been fighting heart disease and stroke, striving to save and improve lives. Our Mission: To be a relentless force for a world of longer, healthier lives.
Facebook: Elead Global
Healthtalk (BerryBeat) 4 – Foods help your heart be healthy
Berrybeat is a beverage specially designed to nourish the liver & heart. It is rich in Antioxidants which protect & enhance your liver and heart functions.
BerryBeat also boosts your immune system, it strengthens the body’s detoxification system & improves metabolism by dissolving & breaking down the excess fats in your body.
Hawthorn, Blueberry, Raspberry, Cranberry