Kale is one of the most popular cruciferous vegetables out there with lots of vitamins and high nutrition content (manganese, calcium, copper, magnesium, iron and potassium), making it a superfood. This category of vegetables also includes other popular vegetables such as cabbage, broccoli and brussel sprouts. This vegetable can be eaten by steaming, stir frying, air frying, roasting and lastly raw. Suggestions include kale chips and adding it into your regular smoothies.
The benefits include:
1. Antioxidants – kale has beta-carotene, vitamin C, chlorogenic acid and lutein, which are important to fight free radicals and lower the risk of cancer
2. Digestion – it contains sulfoquinovose, which helps to increase the growth of good bacteria in the gut and maintain the level of good bacteria as well
3. Helps with heart disease – it contains fiber to help lower cholesterol and blood pressure, and can also help with losing weight. Besides, the alpha-linolenic acid (ALA) and vitamin C content in kale can also lessen the risk of developing diabetes-related complications.
4. Improves brain health – it contains omega-3 fatty acids to increase memory and enhance brain performance
5. High source of vitamin K – it helps to reduce blood clotting and improve bone health
SoyGreen contains soy, which is a source of plant-based protein. Adequate protein intake is very important when on a low-calorie diet because it helps prevent muscle loss. Muscle burns more calories than fat does.
SoyGreen rich in plant protein, calcium, iron, folic acid, fibre, antioxidants, trace elements, and a wide variety of phytochemical. It is the perfect meal replacement for weight management as it is high nutrition and low calories.